Covid 19 Restrictions Guide from Governor Mills of MaineCustomers Please Read This Before Arriving in Maine
Maine Governor Mills COVID 19 Restrictions
Currently Maines’s COVID-19 travel restrictions allow people from NH, VT, NY, NJ and CT to travel at will throughout Maine. All others must comply with the “Know before you go” campaign that urges COVID-19 tests be taken – in your home state – prior to staying at a lodging facility in Maine.
At check-in at all lodging sites in Maine, you must sign a Certificate if Compliance stating that you;
- Have received a negative COVID-19 “PCR” test result with-in 72 hours
- That you will quarantine in Maine for 14 days, or
- That you have already completed your quarantine in Maine.
If you don’t have your results, or if you can`t get tested prior to arrival, you may get tested in Maine and/or quarantine until you get the negative result. Websites like Get Tested COVID-19 (https://get-tested-covid19.org/) show local testing options nationwide. (Including Ellsworth)
Children 18 and younger, traveling with adults, are not required to take the test.
We will have the Certificate of Compliance at the motel for you to sign at check in. Here is a copy of it for your information;
Keep Maine Healthy
Certificate of Compliance for Maine Visitors
To help “Keep Maine Healthy,” guests of Maine commercial lodging establishments, campgrounds, seasonal rentals, or short-term rentals are required to complete this certificate prior to their stay. This initiative promotes the safety of Maine residents and visitors coming to enjoy all Maine has to offer. Guests under the age of 18, or residents of Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont, do not need to fill out the Certificate of Compliance.
To that end, the State of Maine asks you to review and attest to the following:
- I certify that I have not experienced or displayed any of the following COVID-19 symptoms in the last 24 hours: o Fever or chills o Sore throat, cough, shortness of breath, or other respiratory symptoms o Muscle aches, severe fatigue, or chills o Changes in taste or smell
- I certify that I have not had close contact with anyone over the last 14 days who is confirmed to have COVID-19.
- I certify that ONE of the following is true (PLEASE CHECK ONE):
o I have received a negative test result for COVID-19 on a specimen taken no later than 72 hours prior to my arrival, consistent with Maine CDC guidance. OR
o I will quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Maine or for the duration of the stay; OR
o I have completed a 14-day quarantine in Maine prior to my stay.
- While in Maine, I agree to do my part to Keep Maine Healthy by following recommended safety measures in order to protect myself and others.
- I also certify that all persons in my care who are under the age of 18, or who are dependent on my care, meet the criteria described in items 1 and 2. Please provide the ages of such persons in your care.
- I have read and understand this entire Certificate of Compliance and agree the certifications made above are accurate. Visitors may be asked to furnish proof of the negative test result upon request.
Dated: ___________________ in _____________________, Maine.
Home Phone: __________________
Phone while in Maine: ______________________________
Additional Persons from the Same Household (Optional) Signature:
Printed Name: ______________________________________
Printed Name: _______________________________________
Instructions to businesses: Keep this form on file for 30 days.